after my recent little adelaide escapade i have decided i want to become a jet setter and that means perfecting my packing.
cramming everything into your carry can be quiet the skill to master, especially when once you arrive at your destination you want to keep the style stakes high! i've googled travel tips and clicked through endless celebs airport bound, here's my version of a cracking carry-on:
|heys usa leopard carry on. sass & bide. alexander wang rocco. louis vuitton travel wallet.|
some of us are wheelers and some of us are toters. personally i tend to lean towards the latter however i can see the benefit of a bag with wheels, especially when making that quick dash to the gate after getting lost amongst the M.A.C products. however one thing i definitively recommend is a passport ticket wallet. go for the longer version and not only will you always know where your precious passport is but you can slip in both your itinerary and boarding pass. ta da! instant organisation.
most airlines will allow you 2 pieces of carry-on luggage (normally that don't exceed the dimensions of 48cm x 34cm x 23cm or a weight of 7-10 kgs) so pack your lighter items in your main bag and save the heavier make up bag and jewelry roll for your 'handbag' which so far i have never had to weigh. thank god!
in terms of on-board essentials these are my must haves:
1. take an eye mask because you just know when you settle down to snooze, your neighbors are going to switch on the overhead lamp and turn to page 1 of shantaram.
2. weight is one of the your biggest concerns with packing carry-on only and one of the best tricks is to wear your heavy heading out shoe to the airport. pop in a pair of havaianas for a quick change after check in and the same goes for a coat. wear it on-board and then roll it for a pillow, then there's no need to sacrifice on style by wearing an inflatable device around your neck.
3. in terms of weight and in flight entertainment an iPad is your saving grace. not only can you download all your monthly mags but you have your music, movies and sex and the city at the touch of a screen.
4. planes are notoriously cold so take a scarf that can be used as a wrap and a sarong for when you hit the beach a bit later.
5. ear plugs. i think this quite an obvious one but cancelling out noise can be the key to a decent sleep.
6. i can't speak highly enough when it comes to my canon g11. it creates ca'razy amazing shots, comes with a flip screen for those all important facebook profile pics and it looks that little bit old school cool with the vintage leather case.
7. blackest of the black rock star shades to hide those inevitably puffy, red eyes.